Solar Water Bot is a solar powered plant watering system built with a Raspberry Pi, sensors, motor, pump and Python code. This was created for a 6th grade science project.
Following is a quick breakdown.
Keep in mind that this is simply a prototype. In production this would need all wires, motors, pumps, etc. to be covered with water proofing material. Please check out the Quick Links section below for further details and documentation on how this was built. Not all documentation is completed yet so please check back soon.
Raspberry Pi Plant Watering System Video Demo
For those reading this who want to make their own Christmas Tree Circuit, following is where you can get the supplies
- Foam Christmas tree shapes from Michaels or Amazon has a bunch of foam Christmas tree shapes too if you do not have a Michaels near you.
- Battery Holders - you can get these in bulk from a supplier but you can also get them in smaller quantities from Amazon
- Copper Tape from Amazon. This will last you for a long time for many, many projects.
- Aluminum Tape from Amazon. This will last you for a long time for many, many projects.
- LEDs from Amazon. You can get smaller packs too but this is such a good deal especially if you anticipate using LEDs for other projects.
- 3v Cell Coin Batteries from Amazon
- Stickers, pipe cleaners -> dollar store & Michaels.