This post includes Python code that will trigger the water pump to turn on when the soil sensor detects that the soil in the plant is dry.
The pump will turn on pulling water from the tub through water lines up to the plants. The code also detects when the soil sensor is wet and will trigger the pump to turn off. This assures the plants are only watered when the plant soil is dry and not over-watered when the soil is wet. Download Soil Sensor Code
For those reading this who want to make their own Christmas Tree Circuit, following is where you can get the supplies
- Foam Christmas tree shapes from Michaels or Amazon has a bunch of foam Christmas tree shapes too if you do not have a Michaels near you.
- Battery Holders - you can get these in bulk from a supplier but you can also get them in smaller quantities from Amazon
- Copper Tape from Amazon. This will last you for a long time for many, many projects.
- Aluminum Tape from Amazon. This will last you for a long time for many, many projects.
- LEDs from Amazon. You can get smaller packs too but this is such a good deal especially if you anticipate using LEDs for other projects.
- 3v Cell Coin Batteries from Amazon
- Stickers, pipe cleaners -> dollar store & Michaels.