This part is fairly easy to get setup. We simply purchased a small solar panel that is already wired with ports to charge a battery. We also purchased a small battery pack that fit well with the solar panel pack. The photo demonstrates how to connect the solar panel to the battery back and then plug the Raspberry pi to the battery pack. Following are links to the solar panel and battery pack we used.
Solar Panel With Ports To Charge Battery
For those reading this who want to make their own Christmas Tree Circuit, following is where you can get the supplies
- Foam Christmas tree shapes from Michaels or Amazon has a bunch of foam Christmas tree shapes too if you do not have a Michaels near you.
- Battery Holders - you can get these in bulk from a supplier but you can also get them in smaller quantities from Amazon
- Copper Tape from Amazon. This will last you for a long time for many, many projects.
- Aluminum Tape from Amazon. This will last you for a long time for many, many projects.
- LEDs from Amazon. You can get smaller packs too but this is such a good deal especially if you anticipate using LEDs for other projects.
- 3v Cell Coin Batteries from Amazon
- Stickers, pipe cleaners -> dollar store & Michaels.