We run in-person kids coding clubs throughout San Luis Obispo County using our custom built CodeDigs.com learning platform. We are looking for part-time Kids Coding Club Assistants who can work side-by-side with a main coding instructor to help kids learn how to program. As you gain experience and master the CodeDigs.com lessons, there will be an opportunity to transition into a main coding instructor role where you have the potential to double your hourly pay overtime. Class sizes are 15 kids max and include 1 main coding instructor and 1 coding assistant.
You don’t need to know how to code yourself as long as you are willing to learn the basics and how to use our learning platform at CodeDigs.com. Part of your paid training will consist of completing all of the same CodeDigs.com lessons that students go through so you can effectively help the coding instructor with students. Your primary role will be assisting students who have trouble in lessons and help them get through these lessons.
Our coding clubs are generally held in elementary and middle schools as after school clubs. You will need to be available between 3:30pm to 5:00pm at least 1 day per week but up to 3 days per week are available. We are looking to hire multiple individuals who can assist. The clubs will start in September 2019 but training will start in August 2019.
- Be comfortable with a computer and typing. You will be learning how to code which requires a lot of typing.
- Be willing to learn the CodeDigs.com software and master all of the lessons within it.
- Enjoy working with kids.
- Have a fun & playful personality with a great sense of humor. This is a must!
- Good at troubleshooting.
- $18/hr while training
- $25/hr after training is complete and when you start in-class sessions
- Up to $50/hr overtime as you gain more experience and if you are able to move up to a main teacher role
Email your resume and a short description on why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org